The Institute of the Franciscan Missionaries of Mary, founded in 6 January 1877 by Mary of the Passion and her 19 companions. It is an international women religious institute of pontifical right.
Dedicated to universal mission through contemplation and the apostolate, the Institute belongs to the Third Order Regular of Saint Francis, while observing its own Constitutions. We have more than 6204 sisters of 79 nationalities in 800 mission houses in the five continents.
We are called to live the Gospel in minority and solidarity with the suffering world. We live in intercultural / international communities among the people of different faiths. We are ready to go anywhere to spread God's love to all people.
Our inspiration for mission comes from Mary's "YES" and our contemplation of the Eucharist.